We are looking for potential staff that will fill in our long term or short term job openings.
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Salt Lake, Honolulu
The company, Progressive Computer Service, Inc., is looking for strong people to join our local team. This position will have ownership of customer problems or incidents until the situation has been resolved to the customer’s satisfaction and or in compliance with agreed upon terms.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Effective communication skills; must be able to effectively communicate on the phone and in writing with all levels of people, both inside and outside of the organization
- Proven ability to effectively and independently analyze and resolve problems, questions and requests received in a timely manner
- Advanced listening skills and customer service attitude with the ability to show sensitivity to users’ questions and requests taking into account nonverbal messages and feelings
- Ability to handle issues via telephone and/or remote support tools, depending on the nature of the problem
- Proven ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or in schedule form
- Proven ability to perform problem diagnostics on computer hardware and software
- These may include new products or upgrades to existing products
- Ability to learn system management tools, including problem tracking, service requests, and inventory
- Ability and willingness to follow established protocol, remain current on supported products and new releases through certification and additional training
- Advanced ability to execute on expected operational, quality assurance, and service levels, not only individually, but also in a team environment
- Willingness to promote teamwork with others in own area as well as co-workers
- Basic understanding of computer desktop and laptop hardware, PDAs and mobile devices, Local Area Network technologies, Microsoft Windows Operating Systems (XP and Vista), Microsoft Server technologies, Microsoft Exchange and Outlook, TCP/IP, DNS, switches, routers, firewalls, and VPNs
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Office applications, Internet browsers, antivirus software, remote access applications (Citrix, Terminal Services, RDP), backup systems (Backup Exec, etc)
- Device support experience: Blackberry, BES Server, Windows Mobile, ActiveSync, Business Printers, Scanners, Multifunction Devices
- Two years of college and/or Technical School and/or Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST) certification
- Microsoft Certified Application Specialist (MCAS) and Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) preferred but not necessary.